January 2, 2011

Sad

Earlier today, I was sad, because I said that Genna would be 2 years old in May.

She would be 3.

Do you know how painful that is? To realize that you've forgotten things about your (dead) child?

Granted, she hasn't been with us, so I don't have the daily reminder of her growth and development to show me that, yes, she's a toddler.

But my baby girl would be a toddler right now. She would be almost pre-school age.

And I forgot.

I think a year of Genna's would-be life got swallowed up by the past year of Megan's actual life.

Because Megan is real. She is living, breathing, playing, walking, babbling.

Genna is a memory.

1 comment:

  1. i was sad when this happened and sad again reading this. but in a heartwarming kind of way, because even though she's a memory, she's one of the most beautiful kind of memories in existence. ♡

    ReplyDelete